Hooraaay!!! I was able to get a week-long Christmas vacation, and though things have been interestingly piquant lately, nothing stopped me from feeling the good ‘ole Christmas spirit. : ) If anything, I feel very blessed! So here some of the things I am grateful for. As the priest said during Christmas mass, “Jesus gave us the promise of not death, but life.” What’s there to not be thankful for, right? : )
Here’s a list of things I am thankful for this Christmas Season, captured in photographs taken during the week:
1. Pretty lights in Ayala Triangle, Little Tokyo, and Salcedo Park. I love the ambiance these Christmas lights exude. They make me feel so warm and cozy! : )
2. Watching my grandparents age with grace. I grew up with my grandparents living under the same roof as we have. I’ve learned so much from them throughout the years. They feel like my second parents…but much older, of course! ; )
3. My best friend! Despite our busy schedules, we always make time to see each other. I feel so secure with her. If I could have a sister, she’d be my first pick!
4. Preparing scrumptious Christmas dinner with my cousins. (And trying homemade Eggnog for the first time!) Well, this turned out to be a bit of a failure, but people still loved it! They just didn’t know it was Eggnog. ; )
5. Homemade treats such as this yummy Oreo Cheesecake that Kata and her boyfriend Jon baked!
6. Life-changing projects like this 1-line-a-day journal. Saw the idea online and I wanted to try this out for myself! It’s really simple: write a line each day for five years! Hope I stick to it! ; )
7. More pretty lights! This was taken at Serendra. They were so bright, you’d feel like you were transported to another universe! : O
8. The peace and tranquility of a lovely picnic evening.
9. It’s always important to have people who believe in you despite everything that goes on. : )
10. Priceless moments! This was a candid shot taken at Tagaytay. I just adore the cute, chubby little girl at the front! : )
11. Great times call for great company! I love my friends. : )
12. Devouring warm puto bumbong with my family.
13. This poster always uplifts my spirits when I find myself feeling blue.
14. People who make me feel loved 24/7. And ambush me to dance with them under the moonlight. : )
Happy Holidays Everyone! : )
One thought on “Ho ho ho! It’s Christmas Week!”
Your hair is growing na! 🙂 I’m glad you’re listing good things vs. bad things. Very tempting to dwell on the bad, but sometimes we must look for the blessings. Hope 2011 is going to be great for you. 🙂