My room is home to a lot of books that I haven’t read. So this morning, I took on the task of writing them down on paper, just to make sure that a) I am aware of how many unread books I have, b) I do not buy books until this pile is done (or close to done), and c) I keep track of the titles I own (just so I do not buy duplicates).
Because I have multiple copies of Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger and Blink by Malcolm Gladwell (which I did not enjoy at all).
But in any case, I think that this is a good start (?) since I want to get rid of my backlog and start buying new books!
And save money by not buying books because I still need to finish the ones I have.
And buy other things with the money I save from not buying books because I also need other stuff in life besides books.
This puts me in a jam because I believe that one can never, EVER have too many books. And I think most of you will agree. ~HEHE~. But I also think that I need to be reasonable, so UGH.
Anyways, here’s a photo of my booklist (on paper). I have a total of 31 titles because I plan on doing some re-reads. Also, I hope my mother does not see this entry.
I am currently reading Paper Towns by John Green, and I am halfway through.
Ta-daaaaa. A delicious pile of books ready for the devouring.
BOOK BACKLOG as of November 9, 2011
- Paper Towns – John Green
- Einstein’s Dreams – Alan Lightman
- You Shall Know Our Velocity! – Dave Eggers
- Everything is Illuminated – Jonathan Safran Foer
- Haunted – Chuck Palahniuk
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog – Muriel Barbery
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay – Michael Chabon
- Blackest Night (Black Lantern Corps) – DC
- The Hobbit – J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Road – Cormac McCarthy
- House of Leaves – Mark Z. Danielewiski
- The Art of Racing in the Rain – Garth Stein
- The Complete Persepolis (2 books) – Mariane Satrapi
- Wonder Boys – Michael Chabon
- My Booky Wook – Russell Brand
- An Abundance of Katherines – John Green
- The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear – Walter Moers
- Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures – Walter Moers
- The House of the Scorpion – Nancy Farmer
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
- A Wild Sheep Chase – Haruki Murakami
- Harry Potter and the Sorecerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling (Re-read)
- Blue Like Jazz – Donald Miller (Re-read)
- The Chronicles of Narnia (7 books) – C.S. Lewis (Re-read)